The Fantastic Forgefast Elite Performance Torx Woodscrew boasts a huge range of benefits with its Elementech surface coating providing corrosion resistance and salt spray tested to 400 hours. Standard zinc plated screws available in the UK market only have up to 2 microns coating and would be lucky to pass 36 hours in a salt spray test. The Forgefast Elite Performance Torx Woodscrews incorporates the superb 6 concave sided parallel drive recess system achieving efforless screwdriving and reduced wear of your screwdriver bit
all in all 10/10
- Elementech 400 surface coating provides corrosion resistance.
- Salt spray tested to 400 hours.
- A Non-Cr, Cr3+, yelPerformance/zinc plated surface is environmentally friendly.
- A deep torx compatible head ensures reduced cam-out, higher Torx levels and a firmer drive.
- Patented self-drilling thread - no pilot hole needed.
- Torx compatible insert for a highter transmission of power.
- Patented drill/drive shank for faster drive, reduced splitting and 'jacking' of the timber, increased pull-out and firmer fix.
- A sharp point for faster bite, capable of penetrating 0.8mm steel.
- Unique self drilling shank drives into most substrates -including hardwood - with ease.
- Hardened case and core give exceptional strength.
- Improved countersinking from recessed ribs.
- Impressive pull out value and less risk of working loose when used in substrates that flex in use.
- Flexes to 35º reducing likelihood of screw shearing when used in substrates that flex in use.
- CE approved for use in load-bearing timber construction.
- Free torx bit with every box.